Getting Started: Critical Information
Did you know?
- Early-stage proposal development assistance is available. Please contact a member of the Research Development office.
- Proposals must be submitted to the Office of Grants and Contracts 5 working days before the sponsor deadline with all requisite signatures on the Internal Processing Form and application or you must apply for a waiver according to the Vice Chancellor's memo
- There is a process to follow when submitting a proposal for review by OGCA. Please see Submission Step-by-Step for details.
- See the Minimum Effort policy for expectations of minimum effort included in sponsored activities
- There is a Fact Sheet with most Institutional Data needed for proposal applications
- There are sponsor toolkits available to help you with specific sponsor applications
- We have an electronic proposal creation and routing software package available over the internet to help you - see GAMS.
- To use GAMS you need your Net ID and password, both supplied by OIT
- GAMS Flowchart: The Path to the IPF - A high level outline of the GAMS steps to creating and routing an IPF. Confused about how PropXLS, Full Budget and FastGrant relate to producing an IPF? This could help.
- IMPORTANT NOTE about PDFs - you MUST create a standard PDFs or your proposal will be rejected - see here for more details
- Coming to UMass and want to apply for sponsored activities but are not here yet? To use the electronic system you need:
- If your proposal includes Human Subjects, Animals or Controlled Substances, please review this document regarding Compliance
- Any questions on the above points may be directed toward the OGCA Staff member who will be handling your proposal. See the proposal staff listing by sponsor assignment.