Subawardee Documentation - OPAS
Here’s what we need from prospective subawardee(s) on your NSF proposal. OPAS requires these items before the proposal can be submitteed.
- A UMASS Subrecipient Commitment Form filled out by the subawardee with original signature signed by sub business official (OPAS equivalent). The form may be found here: http://www.umass.edu/research/sites/default/files/documents/subrecipient_commitment_form_4_21_16_0.pdf
- Statement of work (subawardee specific - does not include (UMass effort).
- Subawardee budget (use NSF budget forms).
- Subawardee budget justification.
- Biosketch in NSF format for all senior personnel.
- NSF Current and pending forms for all senior personnel.
- NSF Collaborator and Other Affiliations Form
- Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (if the subawardee is charging indirects).
- Fringe rate agreement if it is not in the Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement
All items should be handled by the subs and forwarded to you.
The subcontractor should send their materials to you so you can review their budget, budget justification, and statement of work. If it meets your expectations, forward it to OPAS along with your proposal.
Subcontracts without a budget, budget justification, statement of work and subrecipient commitment form will not be considered complete, and the proposal will not be logged into OPAS without these items.
Your subcontractor PIs should be encouraged to make sure that they are taking their current fringe and indirect cost rates into account before they negotiate a bottom line with you.