Novel Active Queue Management (AQM) Algorithm
This novel Active Queue Management (AQM) algorithm generates packet drops or marks for the purpose of regulating queue utilization and delay. This algorithm is easy to implement and can be scaled to virtually any network architecture. Its ability to maintain fixed queuing delay for varying network flow loads enables advanced Internet services such as quality of service (QoS), voice over IP (VoIP) and bandwidth-intensive video streaming.
Routers supporting TCP/IP flows
- Outperforms existing AQM schemes such as RED and drop-tail.
- Maintains fixed queuing delay over time-varying loads.
- Regulates transient behavior to minimize jitter and packet loss while maximizing utilization.
- East to implement; achieves high performance at low sample rates.
- Adaptive algorithm provides real-time measure of load.
US Patent No. 7,085,236 Issued
Commercial Ventures and Intellectual Property