In FY16, there shall be made available a Research Support Fund of $500,000 to provide individual awards of up to $1,000 to bargaining unit members who are active in research and who do not have access to significant alternative funding, such as Research Trust Funds, gifts, external research grants, etc. Bargaining unit members who are active in research and who do not have access to significant alternative funding may also apply for such awards for reimbursement of eligible expenses that are expressly disallowed by their alternative funding sources. Awards shall be made by the University Administration in response to applications from bargaining unit members that indicate the proposed use of the requested funding (from Article 26.6.1 of the 2014-17 MSP Collective Bargaining Agreement).
Qualifications & Limitations
All Research Support Fund awards must be expended during the fiscal year in which they are allocated, and all expenditures must conform to all applicable requirements of University rules and regulations and state law, including the following (from Article 26.6.3 of the 2014-17 MSP Collective Bargaining Agreement).
These funds may not be used to enhance salary rates of or pay salary bonuses to bargaining unit members, or for any other purpose subject to personal income tax with these exceptions: They may be used for student payroll on "CC" funds. They may be used for reimbursement of allowable
dependent-care expenses associated with approved professional travel by bargaining unit members; the University shall report such reimbursements as taxable income to the bargaining unit member.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts will hold title to any materials or equipment purchased in whole or in part with these funds.
- These funds may not be used to lease space.
- Freight costs must be included in the price of any material or equipment purchased.
- Equipment purchased with these funds must arrive on campus by the end of the fiscal year in which it is ordered.
- Equipment rentals paid for with these funds must terminate by the end of the fiscal year in which the funds were allocated.
- Travel paid for with these funds must begin and end during the fiscal year in which the funds are allocated.
- Requisitions for materials and equipment purchased with these funds must be received in the Procurement Office by March 31 of the fiscal year in which the funds are allocated.
- Purchase Orders for materials and equipment purchased with these funds must be received in the Procurement Office by March 31 of the fiscal year in which the funds are allocated.
- Any purchase that totals $1,000 or more is subject to the requirements of the University bid process (unless covered by a Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium contract or State contract). Bargaining unit members who anticipate utilization of this process must contact their dean's office for instructions.
- Reimbursements will not be allowed except for travel expenses, allowable dependent-care expenses, conference fees, subscriptions, books, tuition, and professional memberships
How To Apply:
For More Information:
Please contact Colleen Venditti at 545-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org