Final reports must be submitted upon completion of the study. Studies would be considered eligible for closure once the following is complete:
- enrollment of subjects is closed, and subjects have completed all research-related interventions, and
- data collection is complete, and
- data are de-identified*, for example data are being maintained in such a way that identifiers are separated from the coding system, or data is in a secure location, and
- there is no additional research beyond the original intent planned for these data.
*For the purposes of submitting the IRB final report, the study will be considered complete if only data analysis using de-identified data remains. If identifiers remain on the data, researchers must request continuing review.
Note that it is the continued responsibility of the research team to maintain the confidentiality of the data. Please complete a final report form and submit it to the HRPO so the study file may be closed.
Submitting a Final Report in e-Protocol
- To submit a final report, go to the e-Protocol website and login.
- From the main screen, click on the double arrow to the right of Protocols (Approved).
- Click on the protocol number for which you wish to submit the final report.
- A window will open with several options.
- Click the circle beside File a Final Report .
- The protocol will open with a final report form. Fill out all of the information on the form.
- When you are ready to submit your form, click on Submit Form located in the top right corner of the page.