Who is responsible for the care of animals? What if I have questions about animal use in research and teaching on campus?

The Director of Animal Care and Campus Veterinarian have primary responsibility for the care of UMass animals, and the members of the federally mandated Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee also contribute substantially to the oversight of the care and use of the laboratory animals. Those with questions about laboratory animals at UMass Amherst can contact the Animal Care Services at (413) 545-0668 or the Director for Animal Care (same number) for questions concerning animal use in research and teaching.

FAQ Topic: