If I am collaborating with a researcher at another institution, do I need to file for IRB approval at both UMass Amherst and the other institution?

Investigators should contact the Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) whenever collaborative research is planned. Separate IRB applications may be necessary, or an IRB collaboration agreement may be reached with the other institution depending on the nature of the study.

FAQ Topic: