We will be having a workshop regarding the Research Development Fund (RDF) on July 28th at 10:30am in the Life Sciences Laboratories N610. If you wish to attend, please register here.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst has been an active member of the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) since 2015. The WUN is a global higher education and research network of 18 universities engaged in over 90 active research initiatives, and involving more than 2,000 researchers and students on a diverse range of collaborative projects which address some of the world’s most urgent challenges. WUN supports collaborative research that is innovative and makes a difference, provides opportunities for established and emerging talent, attracts resources to sustain its world-class teams, and creates access and advantage for its members.
WUN is strategically focused on four Global Challenge Areas: Responding to Climate Change, Understanding Cultures, Public Health: Non-Communicable Diseases, and Global Higher Education and Research. In addition, many WUN projects aim to address cross-cutting themes such as Big Data, Macroeconomics, China, and Africa. Learn more.
UMass Amherst Representatives in WUN
- WUN Partnership Board: Katherine Newman, Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- WUN Academic Advisory Group: Elizabeth Chilton, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement
- WUN Coordinator Group: Loren Walker, Director, Research Development
- Global Higher Education and Research Steering Group: Joe Berger, Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Engagement, College of Education
- Understanding Cultures Steering Group: Elizabeth Chilton, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement
- Responding to Climate Change Steering Group: Om Parkash, Associate Professor, Stockbridge School of Agriculture
- WUN Global Africa Group: Léonce Ndikumana, Professor, Department of Economics
- WUN Economics Group: Gerald Friedman, Professor, Department of Economics
- WUN Member Universities
- WUN Funding Opportunities (Includes Research Development Fund)
- WUN Research Projects
- WUN Documents
- WUN Events
- WUN News
For more information
You may sign up for an Office of Research and Development On Demand Workshop on the WUN, or contact: