Electronic Proposal Preparation/GAMS
GAMS (Grant Application and Management System)
The Grant Application Management System, or GAMS, is a software tool available to faculty and staff to assist them with creating proposal budgets, creating and routing the IPF and attached proposal, and in the case of Grants.gov, submitting the proposal electronically to the sponsor. You will need your UMass NetID and password to take advantage of GAMS. If you can not get into GAMS with your UMass NetID, please contact Leanne Every at email@example.com or call 545-5892. Please read "About GAMS" below.
- About GAMS and Guides
- GAMS Flowchart: The Path to the IPF - An outline of the GAMS steps to creating and routing an IPF
- Technical information
- IMPORTANT NOTE about PDFs - you MUST create a standard PDFs or your proposal will be rejected - see here for more details
- GAMS Award Information FAQs
- GAMS Contacts
- Log on to GAMS Production (live real-time proposal creation)
- Log on to GAMS Train (learning and experimentation area)
- UMASS Amherst is a registered NSF Fastlane user. Fastlane enables institutions to electronically submit proposals, rebudget requests, time extensions, final reports, and do other administrative grant activities. We highly recommend that you visit the Fastlane Homepage for more information. There are several programs for which proposals must be submitted through Fastlane.
- For information on proposal preparation try this FAQ excerpt from the NSF Fastlane homepage.
- For advice on PDF files or technical issues see the full FAQ text.
- For help on other questions go to "About Fastlane".