Starting July 1, 2019, no new data will be fed into JOL. All reporting will be done out of Kuali Research. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tab 2 - Choose Results Columns, to be Viewed and or Saved as an Excel SS
Important Note: In this Tab you may choose which information you want to see in your result set. Each time you set it, the system will remember and next time you log in, that same set of columns will be the default. If you are not seeing something you want, remember that there are many fields to choose from and go into this tab to adjust your view.
The columns are broken out into three areas: Data - generic data that applies for both proposals and awards; Proposal data - data that is associated with the proposal; and Award Data – data that is exclusively award related. An explanation of each data element is listed below by these categories.
- OGCA #: The number assigned by the Office of Pre-Award Services (OPAS) when the proposal arrives at the office. This field is always listed and cannot be omitted.
- PI: Principal Investigator
- CO-PI’s: Co Investigator. If all the co-investigators associated with the record and their department will be shown. This will allow you to see if there are multiple departments involved in a project.
- Institutes: IALS (Institute Applied Life Science) if it was designated on the proposal it will show as an IALS action. It is legitimate for actions to show under more than one Institute so you may more than one listed
- OU/Department: This is the PI’s Department or the one chosen for this action if he/she has multiple appointments.
- Sponsor: The entity to which the PI is applying for funds and the entity making the award
- Sponsor Agency Type: We categorize sponsors in to types of entities for reporting purposes. Some federal sponsors have their own labels because they are large and others are grouped under their Department. For example NSF is listed by itself but The US Forest Service is listed under the Department of Interior. Non-federal sponsors are grouped into for-profit and non-profit and then grouped into narrower categories from there. For example: Commonwealth of MA, Foundations, Industry, etc to show all activity for a particular agency.
- Title of the project: self-explanatory
- Status: This is a quick and easy way to check on your proposal. See where it is in the proposal or award process. See Explanation of statuses and award warnings for help interpreting this data.
- Proposal $ and Prop Proj $: These 6 columns show you 1st year and full project proposed dollars broken out into Direct, Indirect, and Total.
- Due Date: This is the sponsor’s Due date, including time.
- Date Submitted: This the official date and time of a proposal’s submission to the sponsor
- Prop Begin: This is the proposed begin date of the project
- Prop End: This is the proposed end date of the project
- Proj Type: This is the categorization of the project type as it relates to the indirect cost rate that applies. UMass has these designations: Research, Instruction, Other
- Proposal Fiscal: This a quick and easy way of finding out which Pre-Award Administrator at OPAS is handling your proposal (see OPAS Pre-award team for contact information)
- GPID: this is the SmartGrant # that uniquely identifies a proposal record
- ICV: Indirect Cost Variance – “Sponsor” means a variance was required by the sponsor’s program and “UM” means that UMass allowed a variance from the negotiated rate
- Award Warning: This may explain that the award is being held for an important piece of information. See Explanation of statuses and award warnings for help interpreting this data.
- Award type: This is the type of award instrument issued by the sponsor. UMass recognizes the type of Grant, Contract, and Cooperative Agreement (Coop)
- Award Indirect, Direct and Total $ : the is the dollar amount of each award, not a project total
- Award Begin: Budget Period Begin Date
- Award End: Budget Period End Date
- PS#: PeopleSoft number assigned by the Controller’s Office
- Speed Code: PS Speed Code assigned by the Controller’s Office
- Award Fiscal: The Office of Post-Award Management (OPAM) Administrator handling your award. (See OPAM Post-award team for contact information.)
- GPID-A: SmartGrant award GPID number
- Subcontracts: This will list the subcontracts, including their status. This will allow you to determine if they have been issued or where they are in the process
- Continuation: (New/Cont) (A new grant vs an ongoing) If an award is a continuation, it is part of an existing project. If you’d like to see the full funding of that project, you can do an additional search on the GAID for the award.