To log into e-Protocol 2 for IBC, you must have an active e-Protocol account. You can request an e-Protocol account if you fall into categories 2,3,4,or 5 below.
E-PROTOCOL ACCESS CRITERIA:
Permanent Employees WITH An Academic Title - User access are automatically established if the following criteria are met:
- Employee must have an ACTIVE Peoplesoft Human Resource ID.
- Employee must have an ACTIVE UMASS Amherst NETID.
- Employee must have an Academic Title.
Non-Employees, Pending Employees, Retiree, or Emeritus Faculty - User access can be established if the following criteria are met:
- Person must complete the Courtesy Accounts for Non-Employees Non-Students (NENS) NETID form, which will request creation or activation of a UMASS NETID.
Person must send an access request to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your title
- Your UMass NETID
- Reason why you are requesting e-Protocol IBC Access
User access will not be established if:
- Person is a Student
- Person in a Temporary Employees
User access is automatically inactivated if:
- Employee has an INACTIVE Peoplesoft Human resources ID OR
- Employee has an INACTIVE UMASS Amherst NETID
Note: Employees with Academic Titles who have been inactivated, will be automatically reactivated at the next HR load if they have since become active again.
- Due to security issues and audit requirements, only permanent employees or visiting faculty, adjunct faculty or postdoctoral candidates may have access to these data stores and query systems.
- If your employment date is pending but you need to begin working with the e-Protocol Systems before you have credentials, please use category 3 for Non-Employees or Pending Employees.
- Administration of access to e-Protocol systems follows UMASS IT policy.
- Authority/Responsibility: Information and data stewards authorize access and deactivation of individual custodians with a business need to access, manage, or manipulate institutional information and research data.