The Office of Grant & Contract Administration (OGCA) provides services to faculty and their administrative staff in support of extramural funding from proposal review and submission to award account set up, and post award management.
Once a sponsor has indicated an interest in funding a proposal we:
- Review, negotiate and accept awards for the University on behalf of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Provide guidance in the overview and interpretation of award terms and conditions.
- Liaise between the PI, other on campus offices (primarily the Controller’s Office) and the sponsor for post award actions that require coordination, contact with, and approval from the sponsor (budget revisions, no cost extensions, and other issues).
- Offer ongoing workshops and information sessions on key issues and topics regarding sponsored research administration.
- Maintain updated information, links and guidance documents on many funding sponsors.
OGCA award administrators are assigned on a funding agency basis. A list with contact information is available on our staff directory.
Our award administrators' primary focus is on:
- Compliance with university policy
- Award negotiation and acceptance
- Award modification as needed during its life cycle
- Award management
- Related departments
OGCA works closely with other departments within Research and Engagement and the Controller’s office. Each department has a specific role to play in sponsored-research administration. Familiarize yourself with their functions and policies: