Animal Care Resources

The Animal Care staff provides year-round animal husbandry and veterinary care for the animals used in teaching and research.  

A current IACUC approval is required before animals can be purchased or housed. Contact the Animal Care Office for procedures for ordering animals and/or arranging for housing.  Please note that IACUC approval for proposed animal use is not a guarantee that space for the animals in a UMass animal care facility is always immediately available.   Please consult with the Director of Animal Care well in advance of your needing animal housing to ensure space in an animal facility will be available when you need it.