How To Request an Official Transcript

Requesting Offi​cial transcripts via SPIRE:

If you have access to SPIRE, please request your transcripts via your Student Center.  Choose Transcript: Request Official from the academics dropdown.

With SPIRE access, students and former students have options of ordering their transcript to be delivered via our secure electronic delivery service at a cost of $2.50., or they can request a paper transcript to be mailed, arrange for the transcript to be picked up in the University Registrar's Office (213 Whitmore), or authorize a third party to pick up the transcript for you.  Important: if you order a paper transcript and you need it to reflect grading for a specific term or to show degree information, generate an unofficial transcript first to determine if the information has been posted to your record.

Requesting Electronic transcripts without SPIRE access:

Students and former students who do not have access to SPIRE also have an option to order their transcript to be delivered via our secure electronic delivery service at a cost of $2.50.  To do so, they should visit our electronic ordering site for alumni and former students.

Requesting official transcripts via mail or fax:

If you do not have a SPIRE login or you are a non-degree student, the University will send out your official transcript(s) upon receipt of your written authorization. You are encouraged to use the appropriate transcript request form.  Your request must include:
•    your signature
•    all names used on your academic record (last, first, middle/maiden/other name)
•    Student ID # or Social Security number
•    your date of birth
•    your address, telephone number and email address
•    any additional information which will enable us to locate your record

Transcript Request Forms

Please send complete addresses of where you want your transcripts sent. Also indicate how many copies you want sent to each address. To be official, the transcript must be sent through the mail directly to a third party or to the student in a confidential envelope with the signature of the Registrar on the back of the envelope for use in packaged applications. Alternately, a student may request that their official transcript be held for pick up in the appropriate Registrar's Office.  Requests for pickup must be made at least three business days in advance. The University does not deliver transcripts via email except for those ordered through our secure electronic delivery system (currently only available to SPIRE users).

Your letter of request should be mailed to the appropriate transcript service center:

University Registrar's Office

ATTN: Transcripts
213 Whitmore Administration Building
University of Massachusetts
181 Presidents Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-9313

Continuing & Professional Education

100 Venture Way, Suite 201
Hadley, MA 01035
(413) 545-3653

Stockbridge School of Agriculture*

208 Paige Laboratory
(413) 545-2222

Graduate School

534 Goodell Building
(413) 545-0024


* Associate Degree Only.  Other Stockbridge students use Undergraduate Registrar's Office procedures.


Contact Registration/Transcript Services if you have any questions.

Phone: (413) 545-0555
Fax: (413) 545-2920