For Fall 2014
Scheduling classes in the NACB rooms will follow a slightly different priority sequence than the rest of the academic classrooms. For NACB classroom capacities and features click Here
NACB TBL rooms
To request a TBL course in the NACB, the University Registrar’s Office and Provost’s Office will follow these guidelines for Fall 2014:
- Faculty who would like to teach in a NACB TBL room should ask the departmental scheduling representative to document the request in the facility comment tab in CAPS. Please clearly note whether the course was previously taught in a pilot TBL room (in DuBois 25 or Goodell 608) by a TBL Fellow.
- Past TBL Fellows will have priority in the TBL rooms in the NACB.
- Instructors, who request an NACB TBL room but were not participants in a TBL Fellowship in previous years, are encouraged to contact the Center for Teaching and Faculty Development (CTFD) for training and support.
- CCM will prioritize NACB TBL room requests that utilize the maximum room capacity.
Schedule of other rooms in NACB
- Schedule of the large lecture rooms (Auditorium/tiered/flexible) will follow the same guidelines as listed Here.
- The Multi-purpose Auditorium will be assigned as a regular instructional lecture room during the mornings and will be used for Film/Media classes in the afternoon starting from 1 PM if the class meets the capacity of the room. If the Media classes are small in size, but need the room, CCM will recommend the class be moved to a start time after 3:45 PM
- Small flexible rooms will be assigned predominantly for discussion-based courses and are suited for active learning pedagogy.
- Large flexible rooms will be assigned and treated as small auditoria, but are also viewed as spaces suited for active learning pedagogy.