Waste Transfer Facility Procedures
- BEFORE TRANSPORTING TO THE FACILITY, please contact Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) at 5-2682 if you have any items that you suspect may contain:
- SPEED LIMIT on site is 10 mph. (We care about safety! Yours and ours)
- ALL TRUCKS delivering material to the recycling facility must weigh in and out
- Proceed onto scale and pull forward to stop sign;
- Roll down window and speak directly into intercom;
- Provide information regarding what you are dropping off and give us your "M" number or alternative vehicle I.D.;
- Ask, if you don't know where material should be off-loaded, then proceed to the appropriate area;
- Return to scale to weigh out.
- ALL OTHER VEHICLES (service vehicles, and wood, paint or compost customers) please check in at the office before conducting your business.
- PLEASE NOTIFY THE SCALE OPERATOR of any of the following special items (in order to obtain instructions):
- Fluorescent tubes
- Gas cylinders
- Lighting ballasts
- Refrigerator, AC Units
|© 2006 University of Massachusetts Amherst.
This site is maintained by the
Department of Waste Management.
Design by Team Cahill