Google Calendar of PSU Events
Prostaff Blog: Join the conversation!
PSU Email Lists
PSU/MTA Boston Chapter
Massachusetts Teachers Association
National Education Association
Massachusetts Society of Professors
University Staff Association
Graduate Employee Organization
UMass Faculty Staff Assistance Program
Professional Staff Union is hiring a Billing and Office Manager.
This person will work in the Hampshire House Union office, using our proprietary database and software to process union memberships, including billing and receiving, updating clients, importing data, filing, and maintaining data integrity.
- Experience with billing/collections required; office manager experience preferred.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing; technical writing skills a plus.
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks; attention to detail required.
- Able to work independently, self-starter.
- Able to appropriately deal with confidential or sensitive information, emotional people and situations.
- Comfortable with MSOffice suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook; must be able to mail merge using Word.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or Labor environment preferred.
- Ability to do financial and/or mathematical analysis a plus.
This position is a 6 month, non-benefitted appointment, 20 hours per week, $15-18 per hour contingent upon experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be contacting applicants after January 18, 2012.
Educators for a Democratic Union
FLSA (overtime eligibility)
Labor-Management Workplace Education Program
SERV: State Employees Responding as Volunteers Program
MTA Member Benefits
Joint Executive Council
Organization & Education
Sick Leave Bank Committee