|Questions related to the Procard Program can be directed to -
Holly Lankowski -
Procard Manager -
Procard Quick Reference Tool
The University of Massachusetts Amherst - Procurement Credit Card Program (UMass Procard) is a procurement tool, which offers an alternative to the online procurement/payment processes and provides an efficient and effective method to purchase and pay for consumable commodities of smaller dollar value. The card is a MasterCard credit card issued in the name of a participating employee. The Procard concept is designed to delegate authority and responsibility, to enable quick and convenient purchasing of approved commodities up to
defined spending limits directly from those vendors that accept the MasterCard credit card. The Benefits of the UMass Procard to the Cardholder and the University are significant
Benefits to the Cardholder:
- Eliminates the need for purchase orders for small purchases of consumable supplies and some select services.
- Allows purchases much faster and easier than with the traditional purchase/payment methods.
- Eliminates the approval process that exists within the online purchasing system.
- Eliminates the need for obtaining vendor codes.
Benefits to the University:
- Enables Procurement and Accounts Payable to focus on higher yield, more value added activities, such as the creation of more and improved contracts and the timely processing of invoices and payments.
- Dramatically reduces the number of purchase orders, invoices, and checks.
- Saves the costs associated with mailing purchase orders and payments.
- Reduces the number of vendors in the University's Vendor File and related maintenance.
The Procard simplifies the process for the purchase and payment of goods. Purchasing
authority is delegated to the authorized Cardholder, enabling the Cardholder to order materials directly from the supplier. When the goods are received, the Cardholder saves the packing list (or whatever documentation is available from the vendor to show the proof of purchase (itemized). Once a month, the Cardholder downloads a statement from the bank that lists all the Cardholder's purchase transactions. The Cardholder will reconcile the documentation to the monthly statement and place it on file for audit purposes. It's that easy! The Procard is designed to be used for purchases of consumable supplies and select services related to University business only. Use of the card for personal purchases is strictly prohibited. The Procurement Department and Accounts Payable are responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the Procard Program.
If you have any questions regarding the program or the appropriate use of the Procard, please contact the University Procard Manager in Procurement, Holly Lankowski at 545-1748 or firstname.lastname@example.org.