Who we are

What we do

Our departments

UMass Physical Plant is responsible for the custodial, grounds, utilities, and building maintenance for nearly 6 million square feet of administrative, academic, and recreational space at our Amherst campus. We are a complex organization that operates successfully through the diligent efforts of our highly motivated and dedicated personnel. Find out more about who we are and what we do.

Or, get started with a service request below.

Get help from Physical Plant

Service request form

If you have an emergency (lockout, stuck in elevator, water leak, etc.) please call 545-6401. Do not use this form!

Click on the link below to enter a Service Request. The form will open in a new window/tab.

Service Request Entry

Request a key

Please note: Three auto-email messages will be sent to you detailing the progress of your key request.

#1. Indicating your request has been successfully received.

#2. Indicating your request has been placed in the 'Ready' status and directed to the Lock Shop for key creation.

#3. Indicating the work is complete and your key is ready for pick up at the Physical Plant Service Desk.

Our online Key Request Form is now active. You will need your NetID and Password to access the form, which will be delivered in a new window/tab.

Campus Event Request

Use one of these forms to request F&CS support for an event, including custodial and moving services. A current event service fee schedule is available here.

Indoor Event

Outdoor Event (Land Use)

Core campus vehicle access

Use this form if you need to request temporary access for a vehicle to restricted areas on the UMass-Amherst campus.

Pedestrian Way Permit Policy

Dig Safe

Any time ground is to be broken on campus, a Dig Safe permit is required. This runs the gamut from major construction to simply putting up tents and signs, and is mandated by Massachusetts law in order to ensure the protection of underground utilities like electric & fiberoptic conduit, telecom & televison lines, water, and steam & sewer lines.

Find out more about Dig Safe »

Surplus Equipment Disposal Request

Surplus equipment disposal requests are now processed electronically and will require a Netid login.

To request surplus equipment disposal please fill out the electronic form here.

Emergency info

Fire & police: 911

Our service desk

Phone: 545-6401

Fax: 545-0729

Phys Plant service request

What are we doing now?

Calendars »

News & announcements from the Physical Plant Blog