One important way UMass Amherst Parents Association (UMAPA) members can get involved with the UMass Amherst community is volunteering. Through volunteering you'll meet other UMass families and connect with university staff.
UMAPA family Volunteers help us represent the university, Office of Parent Services, and UMAPA at various campus events throughout the year. Opportunities include:
- Spring Open Houses for Admitted Students-talking with admitted students and their families about UMass from a parent's perspective and helping hand out literature about the Office of Parent Services and UMAPA.
- Summer/Winter Parent and Family Orientation-welcoming families of newly enrolled students to the UMass community , and assisting with registration and resource fair.
- Fall Move-In and Welcome-greeting and welcoming new students and their families and sharing information.
- Winter Move-In and Welcome-greeting and welcoming new students and their families during move-in and sharing information.
- Family Weekend-greeting families, assisting with registration, counting participants while enjoying specific events and activities.