Welcome to the UMass Amherst Parents Association Advisory Council.
The Council is designed to give parents/families the opportunity to play a meaningful role in shaping and enriching the undergraduate experience of all UMass Amherst students and families. Families are encouraged to apply for Council membership by completing the Advisory Council Application. Any parent or family member who has a student enrolled as an undergraduate can apply for council membership. We accept applications in the fall and spring semesters.
As a council member, you will be asked to attend four meetings per year: two in the fall [Move-in Weekend (Labor Day Weekend) and Family Weekend (in September or October)] and two in the spring [Winter Move-in (in January and the last Sunday of the University’s official Spring Break in March)]; and participate in at least one of the Council’s ongoing projects and volunteer activities. Council members are appointed for two years.
Thank you for your interest in serving UMass Amherst!
How to Reach Us
Join the UMass Amherst Family to Family Facebook group for networking, discussions, and more...NOTE: This is a closed group. You will be asked to confirm your status as a UMass Amherst parent/family member and provide your student's name and Class Year. You will not have access to the group if you do not answer the questions.
Visit the UMass Amherst Family to Family blog series
- March 22, 2015 - Meeting Minutes
- October 4, 2015 - Meeting Minutes
- March 20, 2016 - Meeting Minutes
- October 23, 2016 - Meeting Minutes
- March 19, 2017- Meeting Minutes
- September 3, 2017 - 10:00 am, South College, Room W245
- October 15, 2017 - Meeting Minutes
- January 21, 2018 - Meeting Minutes
- March 18, 2018 - 12:00 noon, Hampshire Dining Commons