Residential Life Student Services (RLSS) is happy to welcome back students for Fall 2015! As the beginning of the semester approaches, students will be packing their belongings and preparing to move into their new home for the next few months.
New this year! We are excited to announce the release of the Living at UMass App! This app includes specific sections for all on campus students and their families and includes links to interactive maps, helpful online videos and resources, and access to our up-to-date calendar for 2015-2016
As of August 14, students can complete their move-in reservation and print their boarding pass on SPIRE. The University of Massachusetts works with a professional moving company, University Student Services (USS), to move-in students living in Southwest Towers or Commonwealth Honors College Residential Community. Students living in these areas will be assigned a move-in reservation time. Check out the ‘Completing Your Move-In Reservation’ video  tutorial!
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, students will check-in through our campus-wide move-in assistance process. Students don’t even need to get out of their car to receive their key! As students arrive at their check-in location, they should have their boarding pass and UCard out and ready. In return, students will receive a check-in packet that includes their room key and helpful material for First Week.
Students will then be prepared to go directly to their hall! Once students arrive at their hall, student Minute Movers or USS staff will unload your student’s belongings and move them directly to your student’s room. They move in by group on the following days:
- First-Year Students: Friday, September 4th, 8:00am-4:00pm
- Transfer Students, North Apartments and Residents of Southwest Tower Floors 16-22: Saturday, September 5th, 8:00am-1:00pm (South), 8:00am-2:00pm (East)
- All Other Multi-Year Students: Sunday, September 6th, 8:00am-5:00pm
Students can also move-in Monday, September 7th from 8:30am-10:00pm through their Residential Service Desk. A list of Residential Service Desks is available at the Residential Life website . Move-In assistance is not available on this day.
For more information on Fall Move-In, including driving directions, parking locations, and helpful tips for packing to arrive on campus visit the Move-In Website 
Living Sustainably at UMass
Can you believe that the average Residence Hall recycling rate is only 25%? Help us reach 50% by the end of this academic year! All recyclable materials are placed in the same bin, making the recycling process super simple for students. Signs will be displayed in every trash room outlining which items are recyclable and which items are not.
In addition, encourage your student to save space and money by
- Using the Hydration Stations located in every Residence Hall across campus rather than purchasing bulky packs of bottled water. This filtered water is better for them, their storage space, and the planet!
- Skipping the rush at the mall and check out the 2nd Annual New2U tag sale located in the Student Union Ballroom during move-in weekend. Everything from futons, to storage bins, to school supplies will be sold at heavily discounted prices. The sale will run from 9am to 5pm on Sunday, September 6th and Monday, September 7th, with an early bird special available for only $5 from 8am to 9am on Sunday.
For more information, please click here  .
We can’t wait to see you!