Florida State National High Magnetic Field Laboratory REU
The MagLab's prestigious Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) is an exciting summer program for college students interested in a science career the chance to partner with a MagLab scientist on an in-depth research project.
The program offers a wide range of research experiences in physics, chemistry, biological sciences, geochemistry, materials science and magnet science and engineering. Participants work closely with faculty mentors and are thoroughly integrated into research and development activities. Students also participate in weekly seminars and colloquia that broaden their knowledge of Magnet Lab research.
Each student accepted by the program receives a stipend and, if necessary, a travel stipend of up to $600. Housing is also covered by the program.
- The program is for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.
- Housing is provided for out-of-area students who are placed at the Tallahassee site and do not attend Florida State University, or students who are placed at the University of Florida site and do not attend the University of Florida.
- Travel reimbursements of up to $600 are paid to students who do not attend FSU or do not have permanent residence in Tallahassee. Students whose parents or legal guardians live in Tallahassee are not eligible for reimbursement. The travel reimbursement will only cover direct travel from the studentsí home to the lab location.
- Students are required to participate throughout all eight weeks of the program.
To apply for the 2015 summer program, which runs from June 8 to July 31, 2015, simply click on the link below. The application deadline is Friday, April 17, 2015.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors on school letterhead
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges you have attended
- Goal statement (uploaded during application process)
- Resume (uploaded during application process)
Location: Tallahassee, Florida