White House Internship Program
The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
The deadline for the Summer 2011 White House Internship application period was January 23, 2011. No application materials for Summer 2011 will be accepted after January 23. The application for the Fall 2011 White House Internship can be found here. It will be posted until March 13, 2011. See “Apply Here” for more details.
Am I eligible to apply for a White House Internship?
All White House Internship Program participants must be:
- United States citizens
- At least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university OR graduated in the past two years from undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty at any time over the past two years
Do I have all my application materials?
A completed packet includes:
- Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
- Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page
- Three Letters of Recommendation
How do I submit my application correctly?
All application materials must be submitted online.
- The application period for the Summer 2011 program is now closed. The Fall 2011 application will be available from January 31, 2011 – March 13, 2011
- The deadline for the Summer 2011 White House Internship application period was January 23, 2011. No application materials will be accepted after January 23. The application for the Fall 2011 White House Internship will be posted on January 31, 2011. All Fall 2011 White House Internship application materials MUST be submitted ON or BEFORE 11:59 p.m. EDT March 13, 2011