OAPA offers both individual consultation and a host of tools to help you with your teaching and learning assessment efforts, survey development and focus group implementation, and program and external grant evaluation needs.
OAPA welcomes partners in the design and implementation of assessment and evaluation projects that inform institutional improvement. We provide UMass Amherst academic programs and individual faculty with consultation support in several areas:
- Exploring and articulating student learning outcomes appropriate to a course or program.
- Finding useful ways of assessing student success in achieving program goals.
- Developing strategies for ongoing reviews of program effectiveness for quality improvement, accreditation, and other purposes.
- Developing evaluation plans for new programs, grant proposals, and externally funded projects.
- Program-based Assessment Handbook
- Course-based Assessment Handbook
- Teaching and Learning Online Handbook
Assessment and Evaluation Consultation
For assistance with your assessment and evaluation efforts, contact Martha Stassen, Associate Provost, Assessment and Educational Effectiveness.