Summer transfer orientation sessions are programs offered to students entering for the fall semester.
During orientation you will:
- Make connections with classmates, student leaders, academic advisors, and other university staff members.
- Discover and experience campus. You’ll start to find your way around and learn to use the resources available.
Take part in a variety of presentations and activities to help you better understand
- academic expectations for the university, your college, and your major to guide you on the path to graduation;
- opportunities for engagement in campus life to create a balanced experience inside and outside the classroom; and
- the values, community standards, and responsibilities that keep our campus safe, healthy, and welcoming for all.
At orientation, you’ll also accomplish at lot of business including:
- meeting with an academic advisor and registering for classes;
- picking up your campus ID, your UCard; and
- having the opportunity to complete your housing preference application if applicable.
Our goal is that students leave orientation feeling confident about what happens next and excited to return in the fall.