Orientation sessions begin on Monday morning and end on Tuesday evening or begin on Thursday morning and end on Friday evening. Students are expected to stay for the duration of their two day orientation program.
Freshmen Summer NSO Schedule
During your 2 day orientation session you will:
• Check in at the Northeast Residential area and receive your room assignment.
• Attend your hall meeting where you will get to know people on your floor and the house rules for NSO.
• Participate in the Welcome Meeting. Meet the NSO student leaders!
• Go to your College/School Meetings. Learn important details about the academic experience at UMass and hear from the Dean of your college.
• Join student staff and other students in your college at your Small Group Meeting as you prepare for your upcoming advising appointment.
• Complete your Advising and Registration. Register for classes with an academic advisor in your department.
• Attend the Residential Life information session and Tours. Learn about your housing options and where you want to live.
• Get your UCard Picture Taken.
• Have some fun! Hang out and socialize with your new classmates at a variety of fun events.
• Participate in Student Life Meetings about how to live on a student budget, campus resources, being an out of state student and cheering like a true Minutefan!
• Go to the Technology and Safety Session
• Take a Foreign Language Exemption Test. If you did well on your foreign language placement test, take a proctored exemption test to earn credit or exemption.
• Finalize your housing preference application in SPIRE.
• Celebrate at the Closing Session!
• Don’t forget to check-out! Pick up your UCard and sign out of your hall. Then, have a relaxing summer and get ready for the big adventure that awaits you in September during Fall NSO.