New Students Orientation (NSO) is designed to help you make a smooth transition to the university and help you prepare for the semester ahead. All first-year and transfer students are required to participate in orientation.
Registration for orientation opens in November for students starting in the spring semester and opens again in the spring for students starting the in the fall semester.
A link will be posted here when the reigstration site opens.
To be eligible to register for an orientation session, you must pay the enrollment deposit to accept your offer of admission and provide the university with emergency contact information.
If you have not already done so, check your SPIRE Admitted Students page using your NetID and password to confirm that your enrollment deposit has been received. If you still need to pay your enrollment deposit, instructions are available on the Undergraduate Admissions Admitted page.
While you are logged in to SPIRE, go to Campus Profiles > Student Contact Information > Emergency Contact. Provide the name and phone number of at least one emergency contact.
When you register, you will choose an Advising & Registration Block date and sign up for your Online Orientation at the same time.
- Your Online Orientation course will include a series of activities to complete before, during, and after your Advising & Registration Block.
- An Advising & Regsistration Block is a window of dates during which you'll be able to schedule an advising appointment and register for classes.
- Advising & Registration Block availability varies based on your major or exploratory track.
- You'll see the Advising & Registration Blocks available to you once you're logged in.
- Advising appointments are typically scheduled for 1 hour, but vary by department. You do not need to be available all day for each day of the block you select.
- Choose the one that works best for your schedule.
- We work closely with the Registrar's Office to monitor course availability, so there is no advantage for selecting an early block
The new student checklist will guide you through the steps you need to take between when you submit your enrollment deposit and the first six weeks of the semester.