New Students Orientation (NSO) depends on and hires many undergraduate students throughout the year for various jobs. The qualifications for all jobs include:
- Current undergraduate at UMass Amherst in good academic standing
- Successful past work experiences, enthusiasm, and the ability to relate quickly and comfortably to new people
- Knowledge about a variety of residential, academic, and social opportunities at UMass Amherst
- An interest and willingness to work with prospective/new students and their parents
- High levels of energy and stamina
For specific job qualifications, please see each individual job opportunity listed below. Please take note of the application deadline and specific employment timeline for each position listed.
Each year, we recruit and hire a team of undergraduate Orientation Leaders. The process begins in late November and concludes in March.
The application for Summer 2016 Orientation Leaders is available on Campus Pulse from November 20, 2016 with a February 3, 2016 deadline.
Eligible applicants participate in a three-tiered selection process:
1. Applications will be reviewed and students moving forward will be invited to participate in a Group Interview (January 30 - February 7).
2. Students moving on from the Group Interview round will be invited to participate in an Individual Interview.
3. The 2016 Orientation Leaders will be notified during Spring Break.