New Students Orientation (NSO) depends on and hires many undergraduate students throughout the year for various jobs. The qualifications for all jobs include:
- Current undergraduate at UMass Amherst in good academic standing
- Successful past work experiences, enthusiasm, and the ability to relate quickly and comfortably to new people
- Knowledge about a variety of residential, academic, and social opportunities at UMass Amherst
- An interest and willingness to work with prospective/new students and their parents
- High levels of energy and stamina
For specific job qualifications, please see each individual job opportunity listed below. Please take note of the application deadline and specific employment timeline for each position listed.
Each year, we recruit and hire a team of undergraduate Orientation Leaders. The process begins in late November/early December and concludes in March.
The application for Summer 2015 Orientation Leaders was available December 1, 2014 with a February 6, 2015 deadline and applications are no longer being accepted.
Eligible applicants participate in a three-tiered selection process:
1. Applications will be reviewed and students moving forward will be invited to participate in a Group Interview (January 26 - February 13).
2. Students moving on from the Group Interview round will be invited to participate in an Individual Interview (February 2 - March 6).
3. The 2015 Orientation Leaders will be notified during Spring Break (March 16 - 20).