General Statement of Duties: Orientation Leaders are responsible for providing academic, residential area, and student living information to new students through planning, organizing and facilitating group meetings, tours, and other activities. Orientation Leaders prepare new students for a successful transition into the University by acquainting them with the helping resources, physical layout, and administrative procedures, while stressing assertive behaviors. The complete job description is available here.
Time Commitment: Being an Orientation Leader is a full-time, live-in position. Staff move into the residence halls for training in mid to late May and work in June and July. There are also two spring semester training sessions in April. Attendance at all trainings, meetings, and orientation sessions is required.
Benefits/Compensation: In addition to developing leadership, public speaking, time management, and networking skills, Orientation Leaders receive a stipend (paid in bi-weekly installments), a double-single room in a residence hall, and meals for the duration of the program.
Application and Interview Process
The 2017 Orientation Leader job application is available on eRezLife. Applications are due December 31, 2016.
Eligible applicants participate in a three-tiered selection process:
1. Applications will be reviewed and students moving forward will be invited to participate in a Group Interview (January 28 - February 5).
2. Students moving on from the Group Interview round will be invited to participate in an Individual Interview .
3. The 2017 Orientation Leaders will be notified during Spring Break.
Interested in learning more about the job? Come meet current students who've held the position before. Get answers to your questions, learn more about the job, and find out about the application.
Campus Center Tabling Hours
- Monday, December 5 from 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Tuesday, December 6 from 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 7 from 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Thursday, December 8 from 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Friday, December 9 from 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Dining Commons Tabling Hours
- Tuesday, December 13 at Franklin DC from 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 14 at Hampshire DC from 12:00 noon - 2:00 PM
- Thursday, December 15 at Worcester DC from 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- Friday, December 16 at Berkshire DC from 12:00 noon - 2:00 PM