New Students Orientation (NSO) depends on and hires many undergraduate students throughout the year for various jobs. The qualifications for all jobs include:
- Current undergraduate at UMass Amherst in good academic standing
- Successful past work experiences, enthusiasm, and the ability to relate quickly and comfortably to new people
- Knowledge about a variety of residential, academic, and social opportunities at UMass Amherst
- An interest and willingness to work with prospective/new students and their parents
- High levels of energy and stamina
Logistics/Student Office Staff
Our office is supported year-round by a team of undergraduate Logistics/Student Office Staff. The application for this position is available November - December .
Each year, we recruit and hire a team of undergraduate Orientation Leaders to work during Summer NSO. The process begins in late November and concludes in March.
For Summer 2017, all undergraduate student staff positions are currently filled.
All professional staff positions are currently filled.