All professional staff positions are currently filled.
New Students Orientation (NSO) depends on and hires many undergraduate students throughout the year for various jobs. The qualifications for all jobs include:
- Current undergraduate at UMass Amherst in good academic standing
- Successful past work experiences, enthusiasm, and the ability to relate quickly and comfortably to new people
- Knowledge about a variety of residential, academic, and social opportunities at UMass Amherst
- An interest and willingness to work with prospective/new students and their parents
- High levels of energy and stamina
For specific job qualifications, please see each individual job opportunity listed below. Please take note of the application deadline and specific employment timeline for each position listed.
Each year, we recruit and hire a team of undergraduate Orientation Leaders. The process begins in November and concludes in March. Please check back in the fall for details on the 2015 NSO Leader position.