New Students Orientation (NSO) depends on and hires many undergraduate students throughout the year for various jobs. The qualifications for all jobs include:
- Current undergraduate at UMass Amherst in good academic standing
- Successful past work experiences, enthusiasm, and the ability to relate quickly and comfortably to new people
- Knowledge about a variety of residential, academic, and social opportunities at UMass Amherst
- An interest and willingness to work with prospective/new students and their parents
- High levels of energy and stamina
Logistics/Student Office Staff
Our office is supported year-round by a team of undergraduate Logistics/Student Office Staff. The application for this position is available November - December.
Each year, we recruit and hire a team of undergraduate Orientation Leaders to work during Summer NSO. The process begins in late November and concludes in March.
All professional staff positions are currently filled.