How to Sign Up
Step 1. Review the materials sent to you by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Once you are admitted to UMass Amherst you will receive a mailing which includes your acceptance letter, an enrollment form, New Students Orientation information, and other important information about how to prepare for your session. Please be sure to read this information thoroughly.
Step 2. When you applied, the Office of Information Technologies (OIT) sent you your Net ID password. If you haven’t already done so, activate your OIT account.
To activate your account:
1. Go to https://spire.umass.edu
2. Click on *Activate Your Account* on the right side of the page
3. Fill in the required information
If you've misplaced your account information (NetID/password), please check the email account you listed on your application for admission, as your account credentials were emailed to that address.
Step 3. Confirm your Enrollment and pay the non-refundable $400 Enrollment Fee.
Find your Enrollment Form in the acceptance mailing sent to you by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. To accept your offer of admission, please:
1. Verify your personal information on the Enrollment Form. If any updates or corrections are needed, follow the instructions on the form.
2. Pay the non-refundable $400 enrollment fee. For more details visit the Admissions website.
Students MUST pay the non-refundable $400 enrollment fee BEFORE registering for an orientation session. Please check your SPIRE Admitted Students page using your NetID and password to confirm that your enrollment fee has been received.
Step 4. Log in to the New Students Orientation Registration System.
Two days after your enrollment fee posts as received, you will be able to log in to the NSO online registration system. You will need your NetID and password to log in.
Please keep in mind that session dates are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and your top choice may be full. The earlier you sign up, the greater your chance of getting your top choice.
After you sign up online, you will receive an email confirmation.
1. Although a Kosher Meal Plan is offered to students during the academic year, kosher meals are not available during New Students Orientation, Transfer Student Registration, or Parents and Family Orientation. Vegetarian options are available.
2. If you require any special services (interpreters, untimed exams, etc.) while you are attending orientation, please indicate your needs on the orientation registration form or contact the New Students Orientation office at (413) 545-2621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.