Researchers in the kinesiology department are seeking participants for a study of high-heeled shoe design, in particular how different shoes change how you move.
Prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
- Female with size 6 feet.
- Age 21-45 years and BMI less than 30
- Be in good general health
- Have no history of major lower extremity surgery, injury or current joint pain
- Have no history of cardiovascular or neurological conditions (heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke)
- Have experience walking in heels
Participants will be asked to complete one visit to the lab. You will be asked to walk and stand in several different shoes while researchers measure how you walk, the activity of your muscles and the pressure pattern under your foot. You will also be asked to complete questionnaires about your general health.
If interested, contact the Boyer Biomechanics Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413/545-4421.