A program on “The Role of Business in Promoting Sustainability: A Conversation about Social Entrepreneurship” will be presented Tuesday, March 25 at 7 p.m. in 108 Isenberg School of Management.
Presented by the law lecturers of the Isenberg School and Sustainable UMass, the program will feature speakers from sustainable businesses, benefit corporations and B corps, which are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. The speakers include:
- Alumnus Nathan Rothstein, president and co-founder, Project RePat
- Andrew Bellak, CEO, StakeHolders’ Capital
- Ted Barber, co-founder, Prosperity Candle
- Arya Shekar, manager of legal strategy and operations, Dimagi, Inc.
- Jessica Manganello, New Leaf Legal
- Trista Ristvedt, MBA/MPPA student and president of Net Impact, UMass Amherst
The event is part of a Commonwealth Honors College thesis by Rishi Bahl, a senior finance major.