For the 2017-18 season, the William D. Mullins Center is implementing new entry procedures for guests.
All Mullins Center guests may be subject to opening any coats, bags or containers of any type and also being physically patted down or screened with a metal detector.
If contraband is detected, the guest will be asked to dispose of the before entering the building.
Purses, diaper bags, and other small personal bags are allowed, but will be inspected at all entrances. No storage or check-in area will be provided for items not permitted inside the arena. Items confiscated at the entrance will not be returned.
The following items are not permitted inside the Mullins Center:
- Professional cameras
- Audio/video recording devices
- Any gifts or packages should be returned to the sender/patron
- Backpacks and over-sized purses
- Large bags, backpacks, duffle bags or boxes
- Outside food or beverages
- Cans, bottles, coolers or other similar containers
- Video cameras or audio recorders
- Laser pens or laser products
- Noise making devices (horns, whistles, etc.)
- Projectiles (including beach balls and frisbees)
- Over-sized signs (larger than 2' x 3')
- Promotional items with intent to distribute (must be approved by general manager)
- Spray paint
- Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, vapes, lighters, etc.
- Heeleys, skateboards or roller skates
- Sticks or poles
- Spiked necklaces and belts or pins of any kind
- Illegal substances, drug paraphernalia, or alcohol
- Animals except service animals
- Knives, guns, chains or clubs
- Weapons of any kind or any kind of item that could be construed as a weapon
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by management
Policies and requirements are subject to change without notice, based on specific details of each event.
The 10,500-seat Mullins Center, home to UMass Amherst basketball and hockey and numerous shows and other events, is managed by Spectra.