The university honored eight nationally acclaimed faculty members for exceptional research and creativity at the annual Faculty Convocation held Oct. 11 in the Campus Center Auditorium.
Presented with the Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Research and Creative Activity were:
- M.V. Lee Badgett, economics
- Julie Brigham-Grette, geosciences
- Arindrajit Dube, economics
- Peter Gizzi, English
- Susan E. Hankinson, biostatistics and epidemiology
- Lili He, food sciences
- Michael J. Maroney, chemistry
- John W. Staudenmayer, mathematics and statistics
Each was nominated by a faculty colleague, department head or chair, or their dean, and a selection committee then chose the honorees with consideration of who had, in recent years, received national or international awards, been elected to prestigious societies or academies, or been awarded significant external funding.
Each honoree received a crystal statuette engraved on a marble base, as well as a coveted mobile parking pass to be used for one year.
Details about their award-winning work can be found here.