Media passes will be required to gain access to the field at Warren P. McGuirk Alumni Stadium for coverage of the Undergraduate Commencement ceremonies at the University of Massachusetts Amherst on Friday, May 12 at 4:30 p.m. U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren will be the keynote speaker.
All reporters, photographers and videographers, including those from on-campus media outlets, must contact the Office of News & Media Relations at 413/545-0444 to obtain passes for the ceremony. Passes will be available for pick-up in 109 Munson Hall. Unless other arrangements are made, it is strongly advised that media representatives obtain their passes by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 10.
Media Tent: On commencement day, the press should check in at the Media Tent upon arrival at McGuirk Alumni Stadium. Due to expected heavy traffic, the press is advised to arrive by 3:30 p.m. to ensure timely access to the ceremony.
Directions to Reserved Media Parking
From Interstate 91 Northbound
- Take Exit 19 (Route 9: Northampton/Amherst)
- Turn right onto Route 9 toward Hadley/Amherst; follow for approximately 4 miles
- Turn left onto North Maple Street (at the Home Depot shopping plaza); follow for 1 mile
- Turn right onto Rocky Hill Road; follow for approx. 1/2 mile
(Please note that access onto Rocky Hill Road is restricted for Commencement and a police detail will ask for your parking pass and/or media credentials)
- After crossing the overpass bridge, turn left at the stadium entrance (at the “Stonehenge” boulder arrangement) and follow signs to Media Parking
If coming from Boston or Albany via Interstate 90/Mass Pike (Westbound or Eastbound)
- Take Exit 4, merge onto Interstate 91 Northbound toward Holyoke; follow for approx. 14 miles
- Follow directions above