Under the direction of Dr. Lisa M. Troy, the NAL analyzes body composition, bone mineral density, and human biological specimens and serves as a research facility for advanced students and faculty.
Current laboratory analysis include:
- Anthropometry: Weight, Height, and Waist Circumference
- Biochemical: Blood glucose, Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, and Lipid profiles
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA): Body Composition (percent body fat and lean mass) and Bone Mineral Density (hip, spine, wrist, and whole body)
- Nutrients: Vitamin D and Vitamin B-6
- Biomarkers of Inflammation