Faculty are listed alphabetically; click on a name or scroll down
Links go directly to details about the CD
Eric Berlin, Trumpeter Bio page
Selected discography: (Click for full discography)
Fantastique - Premieres for Trumpet & Wind Ensemble
Nominated for a Grammy Award (Stephen Paulus Concerto)
Music of Evan Hause, Jeffrey Holmes, Stephen Paulus & James Stephenson
University of Massachusetts Wind Ensemble, James Patrick Miller, conductor
Eric Berlin, Richard Kelley & Charles Schlueter, trumpet
Greg Spiridopoulos, trombone
UMass Trumpet Ensemble, Eric Berlin, conductor
Calls and Echoes - American Sonatas for Trumpet and Piano
Music of Stanley Friedman, Kent Kennan, James Stephenson & Robert Suderburg
With Nadine Shank, piano
The End of the Matter - Premiers for Trumpet
Music of Charles Bestor, Salvatore Macchia, Evan Hause, Michael Ellison, James Stephenson & Robert Bradshaw
with Eduardo Leandro, percussion; Nadine Shank, piano & Lynn Klock, saxophones
With the Albany Symphony Orchestra - Principal Trumpet
John Corigliano - Conjurer (Naxos, with Evelyn Glennie, percussion)
Grammy Award winner
Also featuring UMass faculty Greg Spiridopoulos, Principal Trombone; Stephen Walt, Principal Bassoon & John Bottomley, Acting Principal Tuba
2)Morton Gould - Interplay (Albany Records)(Albany Symphony)
3)George Tsontakis - Mirologhia (Koch) (Albany Symphony)
Also featuring UMass faculty Greg Spiridopoulous, Principal Trombone & Stephen Walt, Principal Bassoon
With the Boston Modern Orchestra Project, Principal Trumpet
1) Robert Erickson - Auroras (New World Records) (BMOP)
2) Eric Sawyer - Our American Cousin (BMOP SOUND) (BMOP)
With the Majestic Brass Quintet (Leader) & Novus NY (Principal Trumpet)
Julian Wachner - Collected Choral Works, Vol. 2 (Naxos)
Music of Julian Wachner with the Choir of Trinity Wall Street * Majestic Brass Quintet * The Trinity Youth Choir * Novus NY * Jessica Muirhead * Christopher Burchett * Stephen Burns * Julian Wachner
Charles Bestor, Composer (retired)
For a complete discography, see Bestor's website
Orchestral Music of Charles Bestor
Symphony No. 1: "Three Ways of Looking at the Night" for orchestra Requiem for tenor and orchestra, William Hite, tenor
"The Long Goodbye" for orchestra
Concerto for French Horn and Orchestra, Laura Klock, horn
Cayuga Chamber Orchestra,
Lanfranco Marcelletti, conductor
End of the Matter: Premieres for Trumpet. MSR Classics. CD MS1199. 2007, Concerto Piccolo for trumpet and electronics, Eric Berlin, trumpet
New Voices: Contemporary American Piano Music. Capstone. CD CPS-8765. 2006. Piano Sonata No. 2: "Thirteen Other Ways of Looking at a Blackbird" after Wallace Stevens, Jeffrey Jacob, piano
Night Thoughts and Fancies. New Music for Flute and Piano. Capstone. CD CPS-8664. 1988, "A Wind in the Willows" for solo flute, Grzegorz Olkiewicz, flute
Illuminations. Capstone. CD CPS-8643. 1997 "Of Times and Their Places" for soprano and piano, Paulina Stark, soprano; Estela Olevsky, piano
Shadows of Ancient Dreams. Capstone. CD CPS-8635. 1997
"Conversations with Myself" for clarinet and interactive electronics, F. Gerard Errante, clarinet
Music from the Setting Century. Living Artist. CD Vol.2. 1996
"Soliloquies" for oboe and interactive electronics, Fredric Cohen, oboe
Symphonic and Wind Music of Charles Bestor. Centaur. CD CRC2216. 1995 Overture to a Romantic Comedy,
Variations for orchestra,
In Memoriam Bill Evans
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra, Bystrik Rezucha, conductor
Chaconne for chamber winds,
Three Portraits for wind octet
Massachusetts Wind Ensemble, Malcolm W. Rowell, conductor
Contemporary American Eclectic. Jeffrey Jacob, piano. New Ariel Recordings. CD AE001. 1995,
"Stations of the Night", three blues for S;
Five Sketches for jazz piano
American Society of University Composers. LP SC19. 1990
Variations for violin & piano duo with synthesizer
Julian Olevsky, violin; Estela Olevsky, piano
Nigel Coxe, Pianist (retired)
Beethoven Sonatas, Op.10/2, Op.110, 32 Variations in c minor
Nigel Coxe, PO Box 503, Amherst MA 01004
Thomas Giampietro, Drummer Bio page
A Faith Rewarded - Tom Giampietro Quartet (2013)
with Don Aliquo, Chris Walters & Jonathan Wires
CDUniverse, CD Baby, Itunes & Amazon
The Affinity Trio (2010)
with Don Aliquo and Jonathan Wires
CD Baby, Amazon
As a sideman:
Go Round - Jeff Coffin
Commonality - Jeff Coffin
Cool Blue Swing - Chris Walters
Joy Unspeakable - Liz Johnson
Annie and the Hot Club- Annie Sellick
Refreshingly Cool - Rachel Price
As a sideman:
Aquafier - Andy Hall
Sound of the Slide Guitar - Andy Hall
Comin' On Strong - David Peterson
Jeffrey W. Holmes, Jazz Bandleader, Composer, Trumpeter & Pianist Bio page
Of One's Own, Jeff Holmes Quartet (Release Oct. 16, 2012)
Jeff Holmes, piano, composer/arranger all tracks; Adam Kolker, tenor, soprano & bass clarinet; James Cammack, basses; Steve Johns, drums
Label: Miles High Records
Available: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, MilesHighRecords.com
Artist: New York Latin All-Stars featuring Eddie Ganz
Jeff Holmes, trumpet/flugelhorn and horn arranger, all tracks
Chicago II Records, available: Amazon, Chicagotheband.net, Itunes
It's A Grand Night For Swinging, New England Jazz Ensemble
with guests John Abercrombie, guitar; Ali Ryerson, flute & Giacomo Gates, vocal
Jeff Holmes, Lead trumpet all tracks; arranger: It's A Grand Night For Swinging, Jazz Folk, Labour Day, Risky Business
Earth Music, Paul Winter Consort
Jeff Holmes composer, and performer (piano)
Jazz for the Holidays, a live, 2-disc set, with highlights from five "Jazz for the Holidays & Beyond" concerts by UMass' award-winning Jazz Ensemble I
With a track featuring the late Horace Clarence Boyer
Bill Sitler Recordings
Kathryn Lockwood, Violist Bio page
A Different World, duoJalal
with percussionist Yousif Sheronick
The collaboration of a classical violist & world percussionist includes music from Classical to Klezmer, Middle Eastern to Jazz.
Innova Artist page
with Inessa Zaretsky, piano & Yousif Sheronick, percussion
Bribie Recordings CDBaby
Klap Ur Handz
with Lark Quartet
Estela Olevsky, Pianist (retired) Website
Where no link is given, contact Prof. Olevsky: firstname.lastname@example.org
Piano Solos of Latin America: Works by Cervantes, Ginastera, Guastavino, Villa-Lobos, Nazareth, Stern, Chavez, and Copland
Centaur Records, CRC 2202
Spanish & Latin American Compositions for two pianos:
Works by Infante, Villa-Lobos, Ginastera, Ficher, Milhaud, Guastavino
with Sylvia Kersenbaum
Chopin in Majorca: Mazurka in E Minor, Op.41, No 2; 24 Preludes, Op. 28; Sonata in B minor, Op. 58
Amatius Classics ACCD1007
The Complete Works of Mozart for Violin and Piano 5 CDs
with Julian Olevsky, violin
The Brahms Complete Piano Trios CDBaby
Tchaikovsky & Arensky Piano Trios Shar Music
with Julian Olevsky, violin & Paul Olefsky, cello
Amatius Classics ACCD1003 & 1006
Richard Strauss: Burleske in D Minor for Piano & Orchestra
with Janacek Philharmonic, Dennis Burkh, conductor
Amazon, Stradivari Classics SCD-6090
Maurice Ravel: Concerto for Piano & Orchestra in G Major
with Radio Bratislava Symphony Orchestra, Dennis Burkh, conductor
Amazon, Opus Records 912315-2031
Transformations Beethoven-Liszt: An Die Ferne Geliebte , Op. 98 ; Schubert: Piano Quintet in A Major, Die Forelle
with Julian Olevsky, violin, Ernest Wallfisch, viola, Leopold Teraspulsky, cello & Salvatore Macchia, bass
Video: The Poet in Her Bedroom, Vol. #1, Angles of a Landscape: Perspectives on Emily Dickinson,
Soundtrack: Beethoven-Liszt An Die Ferne Geliebte
Sawmill River Productions
Felipe Salles, Jazz Composer & Saxophonist Bio page
Felipe Salles Group recordings & Grammy nomination in bold, listed chronologically.
- Bobby Medina & The Cosmopolitan Pops Orchestra's Between Worlds, Symphonic Latin Jazz, CD, Nov 2014. Credited as Arranger.
- Felipe Salles Group's Ugandan Suite, Featuring David Liebman and Damascus Kafumbe, CD, Tapestry Records, 2014. Credited as Composer, Performer and Producer.
- Kyle Saunier's Awakening Orchestra, This Is Not The Answer, CD, Innova Recordings, 2014. Credited as Performer on soprano, tenor & baritone saxophones, flute.
- Doug Abram's In This Moment, CD, Self-Produced, 2014. Credited as Performer on soprano & alto saxophones.
- Catherine Jensen-Hole's Songs of Love and Loss, CD, Self-Produced, 2014. Credited as Performer, tenor saxophone.
- Felipe Salles Group's Departure, Featuring Randy Brecker, CD, Tapestry Records, 2012. Credited as Composer, Performer and Producer.
- Eric Erhardt's A Better Fate, CD, Tapestry Records, 2012. Credited as Producer.
- New World Jazz Composers Octet's Breaking News, CD, Big and Phat Jazz Productions Label, 2011. Credited as Composer and Performer.
- Mango Blue's Mango, CD, Bandcamp, 2010. Credited as Performer.
- Fernando Brandão's Samba Pra Juju, CD, Blue Music Group, 2010. Credited as Performer.
- Pedro Bermudez's No Limits, CD, Luizama Music, 2010. Credited as Performer.
- Emilio Teubal's Un Monton De Notas CD, Not Yet Records, New York, NY, 2009. Credited as Performer.
- Felipe Salles Group's Timeline, CD, Curare Records, 2009. Credited as Composer, Performer and Producer.
- Gonzalo Grau y La Clave Secreta's Frutero Moderno, CD, 2008.
Grammy Nominated for Best Tropical Latin Album. Credited as Performer.
- Felipe Salles Group's South American Suite, CD, Curare Records, 2007. Credited as Composer, Performer and Producer.
- Emilio Teubal's La Bautelband self-titled first CD, Not Yet Records, New York, NY, 2006. Credited as Performer.
- Sofia Koutsovitis's Ojala, CD, 2005. Credited as Performer.
- Mika Pohjola's Leivonen Lumimyrskyssä , CD, Change Records, 2005. Credited as Performer.
- Katie Viqueira's Amores Torcidos, CD, El Bandoneon XXI, 2004. Credited as Performer.
- Sherisse Rogers' Sleight of hand CD, New York, 2004. Credited as Performer.
- Tony Lujan's Tribute, CD, Bella Records, 2004. Credited as Arranger and Conductor.
- Christian Pincock's Reflections of the City, CD, 2004. Credited as Performer.
- Felipe Salles Group's Mind Motions, CD, Fresh Sound/New Talent, 2003. Credited as Composer, Performer and Producer.
- Nando Michelin's Einstein's Dream, CD, Double Time Jazz, 2003. Credited as Performer.
- Nando Michelin's Brazilian Project Featuring Giana, CD, Double Time Jazz, 2002. Credited as Performer.
- Felipe Salles Quintet's Further South, CD, Fresh Sound/New Talent, 2001. Credited as Composer, Performer and Producer.
- Dead Cat Bounce's Legends of the Nar, CD, 2001. Credited as Arranger and Performer.
- Mango Blue's Immigrant Blues, CD, 2000. Credited as Performer.
- Black Tie Affair Orchestra, Boston, CD, 2000. Credited as Performer.
- Dead Cat Bounce's Lucky By Association, CD, 1998. Credited as Performer.
- Daddy's Junky Music Presents: The Best of Massachusetts, Boston, 1996. Credited as Performer.
- Carlos Bernardo's Pacífico, CD, Brazil, 1996. Credited as Arranger and Performer.
- Sesc's O Som Da Demo 95, Double CD, Brazil, 1995. Credited as Performer.
- Obana, CD, Brazil, 1994. Credited as Performer
Solo CD's available at CDBaby
Nadine Shank, Pianist Bio page
For a complete list or to purchase, see www.nadineshank.com/music
Premieres for Trumpet: Eric Berlin, trumpet with Nadine Shank, piano, Eduardo Leandro, percussion, Lynn Klock, saxophone. MRS Records, 2010
Connections: Lynn Klock, baritone saxophone,Nadine Shank, Clifton Noble Jr., Scott Bailey, Catherine McMichael, piano. Albany Records, 2010
Nadine Shank Plays Piano Sonata No 2 by Yusef Lateef CD Yal Records, 2003
I Have Taken An Oath To Remember: Art Songs of the Holocaust. Paulina Stark, soprano, Nadine Shank and Bob Stern, piano. Transcontinental Music Publishers, 2001
Chant Corse:Lynn Klock, tenor and baritone saxophone and Nadine Shank piano. Open Loop Recordings, Ken Dorn, Producer, 1994
Vintage Flora: Lynn Klock, alto saxophone and Nadine Shank, piano. Open Loop Recordings, Ken Dorn, Producer, 1992
Aria:Lynn Klock, alto saxophone and Nadine Shank, piano. Open Loop Recordings, Ken Dorn, Producer, 1996
Play-Along for Saxophone Vol. 1:
Nadine Shank, piano. Music of Maurice, Lunde, Schumann, Creston, Husa. Open Loop Recordings, Ken Dorn, Producer, 1999
Play-Along for Clarinet, Vol. 5: Nadine Shank, piano. Music of Carl Maria von Weber. Open Loop Recordings, Ken Dorn, Producer, 1994
Play-Along for Saxophone Vol. 8: Nadine Shank, piano. Music of Ibert, Bozza, Glazounov, Reuff. Open Loop Recordings, Ken Dorn, Producer, 1996
David Sporny, Jazz Trombonist (retired)
It's a Grand Night for Swinging
with the New England Jazz Ensemble
Amazon & CDBaby
Robert Stern, Composer (retired)
Awakenings, a CD by Boston-based Coro Allegro
Music Director: UMass alum David Hodgkins '82
Includes Robert Stern: Shofar: An Oratorio in Four Parts (Libretto: Catherine Madsen)
Released in 2012 on the Navona label
Amazon & ITunes
Gilles Vonsattel, Pianist Bio page
Gilles Vonsattel: A Portrait
with l'Orchestre de Chambre de Genève, Juraj Valcuha, conductor
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No.1,
Liszt: solos from Années de Pèlerinage