EventsBack to calendar
String Pedagogy Day 2019
Sunday, Nov. 17, 9:45 am - 3:30 pm, Fine Arts Center Music wing
STRING PEDAGOGY DAY
Elizabeth Chang, coordinator (UMass Violin faculty)
Featuring renowned Suzuki string teacher trainers Allen Lieb, Winifred Crock, and Nancy Hair.
Please join us for a day of presentations and a panel with three of the top Suzuki trainers in the country!
Schedule & fees:
10:00-11:15 Session 1
- Allen Lieb: Basic Set-Up for the Violin Beginner at Any Age
- Nancy Hair: Cello Set-Up for Cello Beginners at Any Age
- Winifred Crock: Learning by Ear, Learning by Rote in the 21st Century: New concepts and approaches to learning in the Suzuki lesson, group class or classroom
11:30-12:45 Session 2
- Allen Lieb: Using the Suzuki Method in a School Setting for String Students
- Winifred Crock: Creating a "Can't Fail" Environment Through Preparation, Preview and Review
- Nancy Hair: Parents as Partners!
2:00-3:30 Combined Panel Discussion
Sharing the Legacy of Dr. Suzuki
Fees (lunch included):
Current Student: $35
Checks should be made payable to "University of Massachusetts" with "Pedagogy" in the memo line. Send checks to:
Fine Arts Center, Rm. 267
151 Presidents Drive
Amherst, MA 01003