Sikorsky Scholarship Program
Job Title: Igor Sikorsky Scholarship Program/Internship 2010-2011
Location: Stratford, CT
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations. Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Florida, Alabama, and Texas.
The Igor Sikorsky Scholarship Program (ISSP) is an integral part of Sikorsky’s diversity recruiting effort. The ISSP is designed to increase the level of interest in and awareness of careers in the rotorcraft industry amongst African-American, Hispanic, and Native American engineering students. The ISSP is also a reflection of our Values and is awarded to recognize outstanding students and the achievements they have made. We provide students with the opportunity to work as an engineering intern for at least two summers to gain insight into the aerospace industry, our firm and culture.
To be considered for the Igor Sikorsky Scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
• Be African-American, Hispanic, or Native-American
• Must at least be a freshman currently pursuing a BS degree on a full-time basis at a four-year accredited college/university in any of the following majors: Aerospace, Mechanical, Materials, Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Must be available to work a minimum of two 10-week summer internships
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Have proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the U.S.
Recipients of the Scholarship will receive:
• An $10,000 award for tuition and fees, renewable annually upon meeting eligibility requirements
• Summer internships in a US domestic office.
• Summer Housing and Transportation Stipend up to $3,500 (if relocation is necessary)
• Consideration for full-time employment upon successful completion of degree.
Assignments will be in a cross-functional team environment encompassing a full range of product/project engineering activities including design, development, testing and support of helicopter product line. Candidates must display an ability to think logically, communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter and offer informed suggestions to improve processes. Must respect individual differences and utilize diverse thinking and contributions of all.
Candidates interested in applying to the scholarship program must complete the online application process. Resumes will be forwarded to the ISSP program coordinator based on qualifications. If selected as a scholarship candidate supplemental materials will have to be submitted prior to consideration for an interview.
Sikorsky Aircraft/United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.