Take the next step w/the Institute for Recruitment of Teachers
Join our information session on:
Thu, Mar 1, 2012, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Wilder Hall 201
Founded in 1990 by Kelly Wise, the IRT provides academic and individualized support to students (juniors, seniors, and graduates) from diverse backgrounds who wish to attain graduate degrees in the humanities, social sciences, education, and mathematics. IRT participants are individuals who plan to pursue careers in teaching, counseling, and administration at both the K-12 and university levels.
The IRT sponsors two programs. The Summer Workshop is a four week program held on the campus of Phillips Academy in Andover, MA. IRT interns engage a graduate-level curriculum of critical and cultural theory, prepare for the GRE examination, and work on their statements of purpose. The workshop typically runs during the month of July. Interns are provided with room, board, and a $1200.00 stipend.
The Associate program is geared toward undergraduates and recent graduates who otherwise are engaged in summer research and/or study abroad activities. Participants in both programs are sponsored by the IRT as they apply to graduate schools in a consortium of 41 affiliated universities. The consortium universities waive application fees for IRT applicants.
We are now accepting applications for our 2012 cohort!
Benefits include: (Both Interns & Associates)
· Individualized support and extensive counseling as you choose your field of graduate study and apply to renowned consortium graduate programs across the country
· Special reduced rate for GRE preparation course
· Application fee waivers
· Assistance fine-tuning statements of purpose
· Approximately two months saved on completing applications
Applicants to IRT must:
- be juniors, seniors, or graduates of accredited colleges or universities;
- major in the humanities, social sciences, mathematics, or education;
- have earned an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and 3.5 GPA or higher if currently or previously enrolled in a master’s program, and;
- seriously consider a teaching, counseling, or administrative career at the K-12 or university level.
Our website address is www.andover.edu/irt
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2012.