Macromolecular Visualization and Analysis in
Eric Martz, University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA USA
Wyeth, July 9, 2003
Steve Herrmann, Host
Easy Visual Exploration of 3D Macromolecular Structure.
- Windows, Macintosh (needs
Chime): all Freeware.
(SGI, linux, unix with Windows subsession)
- Use via Web, or Download for off-line use.
- Molecules can be prespecified in links,
- Adopted by these bioinformatics resources:
- The Protein Data Bank operated by the
Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics (USA).
- Probable Quaternary Structure at
the European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton UK.
- ConSurf, a server
for the identification of functional regions in proteins as conserved
or hypermutable patches. Tel-Aviv University, Israel.
HIV Macromolecular Structures, a component of the Sequence Database
HIV Databases at Los Alamos
National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico USA.
Database of Macromolecular Movements, Yale University, New Haven,
- Finding 3-D Similarities in Protein Structures by
Combinatorial Extension, San Diego Supercomputer Center,
Wyeth 2-Day Course
Today July 9/10 and 11
- Physical Models
- Molecular Sculpture
- Global Protein Structure Issues