How I Got Here
- I did research in cell biology and immunology for 30 years
(nothing about protein structure). I taught immunology for 25 years.
- In 1995, a friend told me about RasMol. It took over my life.
- By 1997, with NSF support, I stopped research and gave away my lab.
- In 1998, I started building Protein Explorer for students and teachers.
- In 2001, I noticed that also many researchers were using it. This makes me happy!
- I retired in 2004. Now I can work
exclusively on molecular visualization!
- In 2005, with encouragement from Nature, I built
FirstGlance in Jmol.