Workshop on Molecular Visualization for Biological Science Teaching:
RasMol and Chime -- 3rd Meeting, April 1999
Long Island University, Brooklyn NY
Library Learning Center Room LLC 234B, Delicia Garnes, Director.
LIU Liason, Professor Anthony DePass.
Assisted by Srinivas Turaga
Computer configuration by Ralph Dorsinville.
Supported by the Undergraduate Faculty Enhancement Program of the
Division of Undergraduate Education, NSF, and the University of Massachusetts.
This document is on the web with hyperlinks at
- 9:00-9:30 Fill out progress report; Copy your scripts
or Chime presentation for projection.
- 9:30-Noon Share teaching experiences and resources created for teaching.
- 12:00 NOON - 1:00 PM
(-: (-: (-: (-: Lunch! For Goodness Steak :-) :-) :-) :-)
- Demonstrations of new or upgraded software (see list below).
Individual Work -- Select What You Prefer
- Optional review of how to use RasMol or build Chime presentations.
- A folder is provided on your computer containing RasMol, a
variety of PDB files, and the current version of the Template for
making Chime presentations with RasMol-saved scripts. This is your
private working folder:
- Friday: My Computer, C:\Friday
- Saturday: My Computer, C:\Saturday
- Handouts improved or created since you attended the workshop a
year ago are available under Information for
Participants at the web site for these Workshops.
- Optional work with new or upgraded software:
- 4:30-5:00 PM -- Before departing please: Write evaluation of today (blue paper)