Outline of steps to create a chemical structure presentation
This overview is designed for those who have been introduced to the
steps below in a workshop
(see list at
Eric Martz (3/98, revised 10/98)
- Decide on molecules and structural aspects you wish to illustrate.
- Search the web to see what is already available.
Use a general web searcher
For configurational changes, consider MAGE
- Obtain PDB files for molecules.
- *Using RasMol, create desired views, saving scripts.*
What can you learn about a molecule with RasMol?
More RasMol Tutorials:
RasMol Reference Manual:
Create master scripts (and a supermaster script) for RasMol,
Install your scripts into the web-deliverable Chime template.
- Take your presentation to your class!
*This is the most technically challenging step, and requires the most
learning (how to use RasMol). Techniques involved in the remaining
steps are relatively easy.
Questions? Ask your TA's and the workshop participant group
via the EdMolVis email list!