For Downloading and Installation of Protein Explorer (PE)
Do you really need to download PE?
If you have a fast Internet
connection, using PE on-line (from proteinexplorer.org) will be
completely satisfactory for most purposes. Good reasons to download PE
- You are planning to develop MolSlides. Downloaded PE will work
faster and better, and will facilitate having more than one PDB file
in a single set of MolSlides.
- You have a slow Internet connection (telephone modem). Once you
download the PDB files you need, and PE, you can use PE entirely off-line.
It will be much faster.
- You wish to explore PDB files that are not on-line -- they are available
only from your local hard disk. Firefox and Netscape 7.2
preclude loading a local PDB file into an on-line PE session.
Downloaded PE can load local PDB files in these browsers.
- You have proprietary PDB files that must not be disclosed.
Using downloaded PE with the computer disconnected from the Internet
guarantees that you will not inadvertantly send any of your PDB files
If you still want to download PE, please select one:
1. Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, etc.
Intel Mac OSX:
Windows is required,
with Bootcamp (alternate boot) or
a subsystem within OSX
Download from the above link for
PPC Mac with OSX+Classic or OS9