BYLAW: Cluster Development 1
MUNICIPALITY: Amherst , MA
DATE ADOPTED: Unknown
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS BYLAW CONTACT:
Jonathan Tucker, Planning Director
4 Boltwood Ave.
Amherst , MA 01002
It is intended that a cluster Development be developed as an entity by a landowner, or association of adjacent landowners, in which an alternative pattern of development may be permitted by which the following benefits are likely to be gained:
- Economical and efficient street, utility, and public facility installation,
construction, and maintenance.
- Efficient allocation, distribution, and maintenance of common open space.
- Land use harmonious with the natural features.
- Compatibility with the character of the surrounding residential areas.
- Efficient use of land to increase the options for affordable housing.
- Housing development which allows for integration of a variety of housing types within one project.
- Protection of natural resources, including but not limited to aquifers, wetlands and farmland.
TEXT OF THE BYLAW: See .pdf file