What We Do
The Citizen Planner Training Collaborative provides local planning and zoning officials with tools to make effective decisions regarding their community's current and future land use.
- Training workshops delivering a Level I and Level 2 core curriculm, taught across the state by expert attorneys and professonal planners.
- Internet access to core training units, a bylaw collection, many planning related links, and training calendars.
- On-demand training to any community needing to focus on a specific topic.
- Annual conference addressing important land use issues on a more in-depth basis.
CPTC is a member of the Local Capacity Building Partnership - an affiliation of training providers assisting local officals in dealing with land use issues.
Board of Directors
(appointees of signatory organizations)
- University of Massachusetts Extension: Michael DiPasquale
- Mass. Association of Planning Directors: Ralph Willmer
- American Planning Association - Massachusetts:
- Citizen Planner Training Collaborative Advisory Board: Bruce Hughes
- Department of Housing and Community Development: Elaine Wijnja
- Mass. Association of Regional Planning Agencies: Chair; Lawrence Adams
Members of the Advisory Board
- Bruce Hughes, Chair; Economic Development Specialist, Old Colony Planning Council
- Heidi Ricci, Senior Policy Analyst, Mass Audubon
- Robert Mitchell, FAICP
- Alan Pease, Ashby Planning Board
- Douglas Albertson, Town Planner, Belchertown
- Sarah Izatt LaValley, Planner, City of Northampton