Taking a Labor Studies course is a great way to understand the world of work and to build writing, research, and analytic skills. We regularly offer:
- Social Justice and Activism (Labor 191) — a first year seminar for freshmen
- Labor and the Global Economy (Labor 204)
- Labor and Work in the US (Labor 280)
- Food and Labor (Labor 391; cross-listed with Sociology)
- With permission of the instructor, advanced undergraduates may enroll in our graduate level courses
An accelerated Master’s program is being developed. This program will allow UMass and other Five College students to take some Labor Studies courses in their senior year and then complete their Master’s in Labor Studies with only one additional year. Stay tuned for the program’s launch!